E-mail Sign Up
Sign up for the Chilewich newsletter today and be the first to discover our new products, latest news and more. Enter your email address below:
At Chilewich, we work with smart, fun, creative people who love what they do and don’t take themselves too seriously. We offer a competitive salary, medical, and dental insurance, a matching 401K program, generous vacation benefits, amazing employee discounts on our products and a great work-life balance.
Content Strategist/ Expert Storyteller
Chilewich has a really exciting opportunity for a Content Strategist or as we like to call it, an Expert Storyteller, who can weave together words and images to tell a compelling, multi-dimensional story about our brand.
About Chilewich | Sultan
Chilewich | Sultan, LLC is an innovative design company on the cusp of change. A privately-owned family business, Chilewich has built a world-renowned brand from the ground up, designing and producing textiles and finished products for both residential and commercial interiors.
We are currently implementing thoughtful and creative marketing strategies which will enhance our unique voice across all platforms. For that, we’re seeking an expert storyteller who can express and connect our many stories visually and through words with passion, humor, smarts and style, reflecting the soul of the brand and company in all channels.
Whether at our headquarters and studio in New York City or our manufacturing facility in Georgia (90% of our textiles and products are made in the U.S.), you will be surrounded by inspiration. You will be sitting in the middle of a design driven company with an in-house design team where textiles and products are in continual product development. You will be capturing the weaving, tufting, printing, laminating and the finishing of our textiles for every application.
In the field, you will see all of our products in use throughout the world…sold in the finest stores, used on the tables at the best restaurants, on the walls, windows and floors of stunning residential, corporate and hospitality interiors. In addition, we have our own retail store in NYC and will soon be adding a new store.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing and is based in New York City.
Chilewich has rich, visual stories to tell with a powerful narrative to support them and we’re looking for an expert storyteller with a genuine passion for brand building who can also:
• Identify with our design principles and aesthetic and is skilled with both words and images.
• Compellingly and creatively communicate our brand story so that it resonates with our existing customers but is also engaging enough to draw in new consumers.
• Build strong online communities as well as collaborations in the online and offline world to drive brand awareness and develop a genuine connection with customers
• Plan, write, edit and upload content to ensure it is on-brand, clear and compelling for distribution across the web, mobile and social platforms.
• Tailor content to different digital and social media platforms.
• Work with the creative team to create, edit, and execute beautiful, high-quality content (photo and video) on social media platforms.
• Think big picture but can also get into the weeds to execute.
• 2-4 years of related experience, leading communities online
• A command of the web and social media platforms and their best practices.
• Proven experience creating and curating beautiful content through photography, video and copy.
• A creative-mindset.
• An excellent communicator, copywriter and creative thinker.
• A strong team player but also someone who can work as effectively independently.
• Organized and action driven, an idea generator who is also a doer and isn’t afraid to try things.
• A positive attitude, a sense of humor and an excitement for growing our business.
• A passion for design.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com with “Content Strategist” in the subject line.
Chilewich, a privately-owned family business, has built a world-renowned brand from the ground up. Designing textiles and producing finished products for both residential and commercial interiors is our passion. On the cusp of big growth, we have just completed a deep 6-month brand study and creative exploration in preparation for the next chapter.
As part of our growth we are excited to share a new, exciting opportunity for a weaver. This position would join our small design team and work alongside the Design Director and Master Weaver in our NYC studio. Chilewich is a creative and experimental environment- unusual in that much of what we do is still done by hand. Ours is a studio where surface patterns and color chips are painted by hand and where all weaves are brought to life on a 16 harness dobby loom. This position is a great opportunity for a creative and motivated individual with a passion for weaving and textiles to participate in the dialogue and development of a design focused and industry recognized brand.
• Design, develop, and execute new tabletop and floor weave structures
• Communicate complex weaving specifications to factories with ongoing interaction and supervision to ensure timely delivery according to specifications
• Support design team in all design / development related tasks.
• Participate as a team member from concept though execution of original designs which express the unique Chilewich brand.
• Provide specs and clear instructions of all new products to Chilewich Production team in order to transition smoothly from design to sampling and ultimately to production
• Understand and implement seasonal calendars to prioritize projects to meet deadlines
• Update and maintain library of past and current materials in the studio
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Textile Design
• Experience 2-3 years in textile design industry
• Creative and aesthetic design point of view compatible to the Chilewich vision.
• In depth understanding of weaving, weave structures, and surface design with proven work experience
• Must be capable of winding a warp and setting up a handloom properly
• In depth fine art/design knowledge
• Dedication to improving and designing processes to increase efficiency
• Impeccable organizational skills, the ability to multitask and a “no job is too small” attitude.
• Strong proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop and Office software
• Nedgraphics and WeavePoint experience a plus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Candidates with no prior experience in weaving will not be considered.
• Candidate must be located in New York City metro area.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
to apply for the Design Assistant role.