- Technical Information
- Made with TerraStrand®. Chilewich has substituted petroleum-based plasticizers in our yarns for phthalate-free renewable vegetable compounds. Plasticizers have traditionally been made from petroleum-based compounds and are used to make PVC yarns soft. No more. We call this innovative new yarn and the fabrics made from them, TerraStrand®.
- Contains Microban® antimicrobial protection, which works continuously for the lifetime of the product to inhibit the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew. Microban® is ideal for any healthcare, hospitality, home or office environment where mold and mildew are a concern.
- Green Label Plus™ certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute. These guidelines are written to protect indoor air quality by mandating low VOC products. Green Label Plus™ certification is recognized by the U.S. Green Building Council and therefore Chilewich w2w flooring earns LEED points.
- Click here to download detailed Technical Information.
- BASKETWEAVE FG-Core [download]
- BOUCLE [download]
- DART [download]
- IKAT [download]
- PLAID [download]
- REED [download]
- RIB WEAVE [download]
- SHADE [download]
- SPECKLE [download]
- Chilewich flooring is very durable and maintains its look over long periods of time.
- Simply clean by vacuuming or mopping.
- Stains and ground-in dirt can be removed by scrubbing with any household non-citrus based cleaners.
- Chilewich flooring can also be cleaned with a diluted bleach solution.
- Click here to download detailed Maintenance Instructions.
- Where can I find the recycling content?For recycling content information, please contact customer service at 888-851-7130 between 8:30am and 5:00pm EST Monday—Friday; or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What direction can I lay Chilewich floor tiles?Tiles may be turned alternately for installation. However, turning the tiles 90 degrees will alter the appearance and color reflection of the tiles. Be sure of the direction of the tiles and the appearance desired before proceeding, as different directions will give a different appearance. Tiles are 18” square and can be laid in any pattern desired, all in one direction, in a "basket weave", quarter-turned or even in an ashlar pattern.
- What subfloors can I install over: cork, wood, metal, etc?There are a variety of subfloors Chilewich flooring products have been tested to install over. Please visit our installation instructions for a full list. Subfloors with cushion or too much "give" may disrupt the integrity of the installation.
- How are the cartons of tile sold?Each carton contains twenty tiles, which equals 45 square feet. We do not break cartons.
- What is used to install the Biofelt backed tile?The recommended adhesive is the AAT675 multipurpose adhesive. Another option would be to use the Velcro brand peel and stick tabs for an easy, quick installation that leaves no trace of residue behind.
- Have more questions?Visit our FAQs for a full list of our most frequently asked questions and responses.
- Where can I find the recycling content?
- Other Applications
Tile/Plank Rolls Wall Upholstery Window Floor MatsNoirCabernetSeaweedBlueberryNewsprintOceanBlack + WhiteCitronCoffeeCornsilkGreyInkMelangeMoonSisalOrangePebbleSaltSterlingTurquoiseWhite + Black