- Technical Information
- Made with TerraStrand®. Chilewich has substituted petroleum-based plasticzers in our yarns for phthalate-free renewable vegetable compounds. Plasticizers have traditionally been made from petroleum-based compounds and are used to make PVC yarns soft. No more. We call this innovative new yarn and the fabrics made from them, TerraStrand®.
- Contains Microban® antimicrobial protection, which works continuously for the lifetime of the product to inhibit the growth of stain and odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew. Microban® is ideal for any healthcare, hospitality, home or office environment where mold and mildew are a concern.
- Green Label Plus™ certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute. These guidelines are written to protect indoor air quality by mandating low VOC products. Green Label Plus™ certification is recognized by the U.S. Green Building Council and therefore Chilewich w2w flooring earns LEED points.
- Click here to download detailed Technical Information.
- BASKETWEAVE FG-Core [download]
- BOUCLE [download]
- DART [download]
- IKAT [download]
- PLAID [download]
- REED [download]
- RIB WEAVE [download]
- SHADE [download]
- SPECKLE [download]
- Chilewich flooring is very durable and maintains its look over long periods of time.
- Simply clean by vacuuming or mopping.
- Stains and ground-in dirt can be removed by scrubbing with any household non-citrus based cleaners.
- Chilewich flooring can also be cleaned with a diluted bleach solution.
- Click here to download detailed Maintenance Instructions.
- Can I install Chilewich flooring on surfaces with radiant heating systems?Yes, the heating must be off during installation and until the adhesive completely dries. After the installation is complete, the temperature of the floor must not exceed 85°F/30°C.
- Do I need a seam sealer or heat weld for installation?No, seam sealer and heat weld are not necessary. The edges can be simply butted together.
- Is there a pattern repeat?There is no pattern repeat on any of our styles.
- What other adhesive could I use?We recommend the AAT675. If it is unavailable, the Mapei Ultrabond 350 multi-purpose adhesive can be used.
- What subfloors can I install over: cork, wood, metal, etc?There are a variety of subfloors Chilewich flooring products have been tested to install over. Please visit our installation instructions for a full list. Subfloors with cushion or too much "give" may disrupt the integrity of the installation.
- Have more questions?Visit our FAQs for a full list of our most frequently asked questions and responses.
- Can I install Chilewich flooring on surfaces with radiant heating systems?
- Other Applications
Tile/Plank Rolls Wall Upholstery Window Floor MatsBarkCarbonChestnutEarthGlacierLatteMarbleMineral BlueOysterPlatinumTitanium